Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'm a newbie!!

So it's finally official! I am out of fresh meat and am now considered a "newbie" on the team!! Let's start with my minimum skills test on the 20th. It counted as far as they were concerned and at the annual Halloween Party/Fresh Meat Graduation/Awards Ceremony for the team, the girls that graduated Fresh Meat throughout the entire year were presented with special necklaces that only skaters and refs get...and I got one!!



Gratuitous picture of my boobs in my costume? Yes. But the picture doubles as an "OMG NECKLACE!" photo. :D

The only thing I needed to do was take the written test, which I did today while the other girls were warming up. I missed two (damn it!), but it counts as a pass! That means my first scrimmage will be December 11th! Holy crap! I don't know when I'll be submitting my name and number but I think it is going to be soon.

I had more things to talk about (like how bruised I am from falling all over the place at practice on Tuesday or how I really want to be a good derby player or how every single player has been so damn helpful), but I think I'll just let this post be a bit of squee! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment