Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Back to "The Diet"

Starting March 1 I am going back to eating how I used to when I first started getting ready for derby. In the last few months I’ve slacked off and had bad foods and in the last 2 weeks I’ve completely turned into a bad food eating fiend. Hell, for lunch today I had Girl Scout cookies, ritz crackers, and spaghetti-os. This weekend I not only ate at McDonalds, but at Burger King & Taco Bell, too. Yeah, I am officially off the wagon and onto the ground (which is made up of delicious, delicious food).

One of the reasons I got into eating fast food was to “reward” myself and to put on some weight. I am really really uncomfortable with the idea of getting below 170lbs, so every time I get near it, I eat a bunch of bad stuff so I stay around 175-180. Is that an unhealthy attitude to have? Yes, probably. I just want to fit in all of my new clothes and I’m insanely sick of my co-workers always telling me how much weight I’ve lost. Yes, I realize I was larger before and now I am smaller. Why does everyone insist on bringing it up all the time?

In June I felt great. I was off the horrible food and working out regularly. I remember having so much more energy. I’m going all the way back to how I was in June, too. I will be measuring, weighing, and logging the things I eat into Fat Secret (link to my profile). I will eat well and it will be awesome. And then when I inevitably eat something bad, I am going to log that in, too and be completely okay with it.

The month of March will be a sort of “reset” to good behaviors. No more crap. I am an athlete and I need to start acting like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment