Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Date and Venue Change!!

I'm so glad that I am so obsessed with checking the Cannibal's facebook page every day or else I would not have seen this.



There are several awesome things about this change:
  • I am familiar with the venue, I skate there every Monday
  • No hard concrete (like at OEC, where they were going to hold the event)
  • Indoors! Their other venue is/was (dunno if this is a permanent move) outdoors. Florida is hot as balls.
  • Skate Mania is literally five minutes away from my house


And a few not so awesome things:
  • I've noticed my wheels sort of sucked on the skate surface the last time I was there and my t-stops are bad (more like t-slide and skid), I run into the carpeted walls for stopping and that will be a hard habit to break
  • The interior of the rink is filled with christian/jesus paraphernalia because it doubles as a community center; not much of a complaint, but this list is short!
  • It's two days sooner than I thought it would be, which makes me freak out just a teensy bit.




In other news, the last two days at work I've been reading the WFTDA rules and decided to see if there were any quizzes/tests out there to see how much I've learned. This one is a pretty good test...and not just because I did well. It covers some basic information, which is always good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment