Saturday, July 9, 2011

A Disappointing Skating Day

Today was my skating class day in Orlando, and I'm very disappointed with myself. The skate class runs from 9:15-10 and then the regular skate session goes from 10-noon. Heather and I left around 11am. *sigh*

I've been feeling down and not like myself at all which has left me completely unmotivated to do anything but whine and procrastinate. I was excited to skate this morning but we didn't learn anything new or exciting in class, so it just sort of took the wind out of my sails. I want to do well and improve, but I need some kind of tangible goal to work towards.

Which brings me to something that is bugging me. Heather and Itzel just had their very first real practice. It left them sore, dehydrated, and exhausted...and I want that, too. They're both learning new skills (they did several types of falls during their practice!!) and I don't want to be left behind. I know I'm not physically fit enough yet, but I still want to try. I want to know how much I need to push myself to be able to do the 25 in 5. Even if I can only do 10 laps in the five minutes, it's something I want to know!

Hopefully next week or after Monday's skate night I'll be in a better mood, and maybe by then I'll find out something about local recruitment. I'm itching get into derby and reading blogs and hearing about it from friends is no longer cutting it.

No comments:

Post a Comment