Monday, August 1, 2011

Two Months and Thirty Pounds Later...

At the end of May I decided that I absolutely had to try roller derby, and in order to do derby I realized that I had to do something I’d never done before: go on a diet. It’s actually been pretty easy to stay on (as long as I don’t go to Orlando; when I’m there I throw the diet out the window). I could go on and on about my diet and how my eating habits have changed, but that’s pretty boring so I’m just going to skip to the pictures.

A few days after I started dieting, I decided to prop my camera up on a stack of teetering books (hence the weird angles and blurry pictures) and take a picture of what I looked like. I was planning on doing photos every week or every two weeks, but I completely forgot about the pictures up until a few days ago. I decided to take pictures again to see if there was any difference besides slightly longer hair and new glasses (hint: not that much difference). And hey, it’s an excuse to make total strangers look at me almost naked. Bonus!

May 26 - front


August 1 - front


May 26 - side


August 1 - side


May 26 - back


August 1 - back


And because you can see the difference a little bit more when it is in animated gif form (sorry for the bad gifs, my program just wanted to drag the quality down for some reason), I included a few of those. It’s kinda like a sculptor just shaved a thin layer from my entire body. So yes, not a typical “before and after weight loss” type of post, because clearly I’m not done losing weight and packing on muscle. Maybe 2 months after derby practices I’ll do this again.



6 comments:

  1. Fantastic!! I love the photos. I can totally see you in Roller Derby. That's so awesome! You're gonna kick ass!

    I've been eating better/exercising for 4 months and have lost 30 lbs too. :D It's funny, I've been having dreams about rollerskating...hmmmm... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I've been totally inspired by you and Giggly and just ordered a butt load of Richard Simmons DVDs. Ha! Well, it's better than nothing, right??

    I'd love to derby but I'm not at a place in my life for it. Especially around here, where the teams are big and competitive, black eyes and broken tailbones are expected out of every player - and you get brutally beaten up. Instead, I am making a pledge just to get back to skating at all. I used to roller skate every weekend as a kid. It's fantastic exercise and super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't tell the difference? Girl that's a huge difference! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, congratulations! That's a huge difference! :D I'm so proud of you, way to go! And I am soooo jealous - I want to do roller derby SO BADLY. As soon as I have the money, I'm buying the equipment and doing it. XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I wasn't so afraid of falling! Because DAMN, I need to loose weight like this! This rocks so much, totally inspiring. 30 lbs is actually my exact goal too, so... I should get on that :P

    ReplyDelete