Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Accident Prone

I haven’t even started doing derby yet and I’m already able to count the bruises and scrapes that I’m starting to get. Okay, fine, I can do the counting on one hand, but still!

I’ve always been a bit accident prone (it runs in my family), so falling and getting hurt is as natural to me as breathing. Although I will say that I have never broken a bone or been seriously injured. *knocks on wood* So far I have fallen about 4 or 5 times, but once I actually become Fresh Meat I know I won’t be able to keep track of the number.

Below are photos of my knees after two separate falls.









On Monday night I decided to participate in the second backwards skate portion (we started learning to skate backwards in the Saturday class, so I knew to waddle and do scissors). I had my kneepads with me, but I only wore them for a short time that night. So when I got off balance and fell forward, it was straight onto my left knee (the one that looks worse). I skated back to my stuff to take a look and saw that my fall had re-opened the wound so it was bleeding again.

From reading other derby blogs, I know I’ll be falling a lot, so I guess it’s good to get some practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment